Friday, June 22, 2007

salmon with brown rice and vegetables

The ingredients


1/4 cup of soya sauce (China Lily, my favourite)


1 1/2 tablespoons of brown sugar


Pull out my handy dandy garlic peeler/grater


insert whole cloves of garlic (6 or so)


twist


open and pull out perfect garlic


open paper packaging of salmon


cut salmon into pieces


place in baking dish


pour mixture over salmon


spread around somewhat evenly


take silly pictures of ones self



make sure oven is turned on (should have done that earlier) I decided on 350 degrees


place in oven


prepare brown rice and veggies.. I was out of fresh veggies so did a cheat with frozen peas
(3 cups of water, bring to a boil, add salt and oil if you please, I don't usually. Add 1.5 cups of brown rice, bring back to a boil, give a stir, turn down to minimum or so and let cook slowly till all water is gone and little holes appear in top of cooked rice, then take off of heat and fluff with fork)


I'm not good at writing down time of how long things bake, but it wasn't more than 15 minutes or so


prepare plate, spoon extra marinade over rice


cut up dessert.... fresh strawberries!

No comments: