Monday, May 7, 2007

Experimenting with Tofu, two recipes

Meal 1

I have only used tofu for soups, but I decided to be brave and make something new.

I sliced some firm, organic tofu and shook it with some peanut sauce mix, and sautéed it in a bit of grapeseed oil.

tofu

Steamed some broccoli, cooked some brown rice pasta, which I tossed with a little balsamic oil (just a tiny bit) and a little grapeseed oil.

tofu, brown rice pasta and broccoli

It was really good! Not a steak, but a really nice alternative protein.

Meal 2

Yesterday I bought some Indian chapati (made with organic whole wheat flour, no preservatives, yeast free), which I've only tried with fish tacos, but decided to make something new.

My friend showed me a trick of heating them quickly on the burner. Weird, but effective.

2007 05 03 011

I sautéed some tofu with fajita seasonings in a little grapeseed oil. Started with some all natural yogurt, then the tofu.

2007 05 03 013

Chopped some green pepper and prepared some lettuce, and crumbled some feta.

2007 05 03 017

Basically just roll and eat!

2007 05 03 022

It was really tasty! Something different from the norm, and healthy.

No comments: